The best way to discover who we are and what we are all about is to come to our one of our Sunday services, worship God with us and meet the church family. You can find more details about our services on our Sundays page below.
We have a variety of activities during the week and one-off events at special points in the year. More details are on our regular events page or under Get Involved.
You can also hear from a few people who call Hope Hamilton their home to get a feel of what it means to be part of our church.
We love our families at Hope Hamilton and we meet together on a monthly basis. We have children’s work on Sundays during the services and are strongly connected with Hope Hamilton School. We also have a monthly youth group for those in secondary school. For more details, go to the Families page.
We’d love to connect with you and keep you updated with what’s going on at Hope Hamilton. Please click here to register your details.
Our services are Anglican and informal but follow a pattern. We try to have services that represent our cultural diversity in some way with the songs, images, and words we use.
We start with time all together singing, praying, and thinking about the topic for that day. The children then leave for some time together, although they are welcome to stay in the service as well.
Once the children are settled in their groups we spend time hearing and learning from God’s word together before offering our world and each other to God in prayer.
Twice a month we share Holy Communion together which the children join us for. We offer non-alcoholic wine and gluten-free bread if that is your preference. If children are in the habit of receiving communion we welcome them too, otherwise bring them with you and we will pray a blessing for them.
We don’t take a collection during the service and visitors are not expected to contribute to this church. However, there is a collection box near the main door should anyone wish to make an offering.
Our service ends with a final song and then all are invited to stay for refreshments in the Community Room.
We have baby changing facilities if required.
The first Sunday of each month is an all-age service. These services are shorter and have time in the middle of them where we split up to try different activities: there is something for everyone! We finish these services by eating together, usually a bring-and-share meal.
Meet some members
We asked a few people:
- How and why did you join Hope Church?
- What does being part of Hope Church mean to you?
- What would you say to someone who was thinking of coming
Debbie and Steve:
- Our children attended the school and the church ran an afterschool club which we attended, just got talking to one of the mums who invited us along. That must be about 10 years ago now.
- It means being a representative of God in your community.
- Just come and see. Everyone is welcome and you meet God wherever you are on your personal journey.
Clare and Graham:
- Previously we went to a church in a village a few miles down the road. We live in Hamilton and are active members of the community and felt led to “bloom where God planted us” to be part of the local church, which we have never regretted.
- Ever since we moved to Hamilton in 2006 we have always been active members of the community and being part of the local church means we are able to represent the church at community events.
- We would tell them that it is a church where all cultures are included. There are always activities for children and after each service there is time for refreshments and chat.
Jude and Blessing:
- We joined Hope Church because of its value and how it brings people from different backgrounds under one roof to serve same purpose. Being one community that recognizes all part of the body of Christ
- Being part of Hope Church has really made our family to understand how we can live well in all our relationships and communities.
- We would encourage anyone who wants join Hope Church because the Church is accepting and welcoming and opened to everyone no matter their background. This is evidenced through our love and actions.